Studies in the US
High quality education
The American higher education system is a guarantee of excellence. At American universities, there is a strong emphasis on practical, real-world education that prepares the students for professional careers, and flexible learning to explore different areas of interest.
Worldwide recognized diploma
Globally, individuals and organizations recognize the prestige of the American higher education system. Whether you decide to get a job at home or further you studies with graduate school in a different country, your US degree will be valued.
University is not only about academics – life on campus is a personal growth opportunity for students. The profile of students who have studied in the US is also highly sought after by recruiters. This experience brings many professional opportunities.
Perfected english skills
In today’s global world, you can no longer compete for professional opportunities without great English skills. By attending university in the US, you will be completely bilingual (written and spoken) in a matter of weeks.
Structure of an academic year
The academic year is divided into two semesters:
– Fall semester: August to December
– Spring semester: January to May
The semesters are independent from one another, this is why universities have two separate admission dates.
Fields of study
American universities offer a large selection in terms of fields of study and these vary by school. The main areas and specialities are:
– Business: accounting, finance, management, business administration, economics, international business, marketing, logistics, hotel management
– Engineering & Technology: aeronautical engineering, architecture, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, industrial engineering, computer science, data analytics
– Life Sciences: biology, pharmacy, animal science, forestry, horticulture, marine biology, soil science, veterinary medicine
– Natural Sciences: astronomy, physics, chemistry, mathematics
– Social Sciences: economics, geography, psychology, sociology
– Arts & Humanities: history, literature, arts, fashion, communications, journalism, art production, film production
If you are not sure of what to study, the system is very flexible and gives you time to take classes in areas of interest before declaring a specific field of study to pursue. This has to be declared latest 2 years into your degree
There are 3 different diplomas:
The AD is an undergraduate academic degree awarded by colleges and universities upon completion of a course of study intended to usually last two years.
The BA is a 4 year cycle and results in one of two types of diplomas:
– Bachelor of Arts: university diploma focused on arts, literature, and social sciences.
– Bachelor of Science: university diploma focused on sciences, mathematics, technology or business.
This diploma can only be pursued after having obtained a Bachelor’s Degree. It takes between 1 and 2 years to be completed.
After having obtained your high school degree, the other mandatory exams needed to be admissible in the USA are:
– a minimum score on the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
– the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)